- Our training is fully compliant to the Care Quality Commission's published standards in health & social care -
Care Quality Health Training - Newton with Scales, Preston, Lancashire.
A Leading Provider in Health and Social Care Training & Management in the Northwest of England
Our Terms & Conditions - Copyright Care Quality Health Training 2018
Everyone with dementia is a unique individual. When individuals have dementia it seems that other people forget who they are and only focus on the dementia and the problems that they have. It is important that we do not lose sight of the person and the individual and unique characteristics and values they have. If we have an understanding of dementia we can support the person to meet all their physical and emotional needs through person centred care and appropriate communication.
To provide all participants with the knowledge to be able to recognise different types of dementia and provide the appropriate care.
The course content:
The course is divided into five modules and includes an assessment at the end:
• The most common types of dementia and their signs and symptoms
• Key theoretical models of dementia
• The role of carers in the care and support of individuals with dementia
• The factors that can influence communication
• How a person centred approach may be used to encourage positive communication
A certificate of attendance is awarded on completion of the course; this is subject to satisfaction of the instructor and at the end of the course assessments..
Course fee: £POA including a maximum of 12 staff members
Dementia Awareness & Communication